A smooth and easy hike through a portion of the San Gabriels with 360-degree views of the surrounding mountain range that ends at the parital remains of the Vetter Mountain Lookout station.
Organic Premium Espresso Blend
Unique just like the embers that thrive in a blazing campfire. The Campfire Espresso delivers a complex, yet balanced aroma ideal for early morning coffee at home or in the mountains. It’s our most adaptable roast, which is able to be enjoyed as an espresso or through other brewing methods such as pour over.
Tasting notes include dark chocolate, cherry citrus, and citrus caramel.
About this Coffee
- Consider taking the 134 East to the CA 2 North in order to avoid any and all congestion that occurs downtown. Once you're on the CA 2 North, you'll merge onto 210 East / CA 2 and take the first exit directing towards the Angeles Crest Highway. After passing the Angeles Forest entrance, you'll pass the Mount Wilson Red Box Road and continue driving along CA 2 for another 9 miles until you reach Charlton Flats turnout. Park your car in the turnout in be sure to have your Adventure Pass visible in the windshield.
- NOTE: You need a Southern California "Adventure Pass" to park. If you do not have one, you can purchase a pass for $5 at Newcombs Ranch Restaurant and Bar (feel free to stop for a meal before or after your hike), which is a little over 3 miles from the Charlton Flats turnout. If you're planning to hike in the Angeles Forest quite a bit, consider purchasing the annual pass for $30. Either works depending on the amount of activity you plan to do within the year. However, be sure to check the Angeles Designated Recreation Sites list in case the parking requirements change at a later date.
- Begin at Charlton Flat picnic. Head up along the service road.
- You'll hit a fork shortly ahead coking across a sign for Vetter Lookout 1.7 miles ahead. Follow the path to the left.
- An outhouse will appear along with a bench overlooking Mount Wilson.
- In 0.5 miles you'll reach another sign directing you towards the Lookout along with a split with the Silver Moccasin Trail. Continue along the service road veering left.
- Elevation at the summit: 5,909 feet