A slightly strenuous hike, depending on your hiking experience, through a remarkable section of Rock Peak Park, which showcases the impressive sandstone rock formations along with a labyrinth of subterranean caverns housing modest waterfalls during rainy seasons.
Organic Premium Espresso Blend
Unique just like the embers that thrive in a blazing campfire. The Campfire Espresso delivers a complex, yet balanced aroma ideal for early morning coffee at home or in the mountains. It’s our most adaptable roast, which is able to be enjoyed as an espresso or through other brewing methods such as pour over.
Tasting notes include dark chocolate, cherry citrus, and citrus caramel.
About this Coffee
- Heading to the hike from Los Angeles may include multiple directions; however, consider taking the CA-101 North / Hollywood Freeway towards the 170 North. Merge onto the CA-5 North towards Sacramento and take the exit for CA-118 West. You'll stay on the 118 West for approximately 12 miles. Take exit 30 for Kuehner Drive and take a right at Kuehner Drive. Stay on Kuehner Drive until you reach the road gate for Hummingbird Nest Ranch. There's parking available along the street, but be sure to read the signs for the "No Parking" sections. The Hummingbird trailhead will be on the right side of the road gate. If parking is tight near the trailhead, backtrack to Mount Sinai Road and there's a small dirt section where parking should be available.
- NOTE: be aware of the weather during hotter months as there is very limited shade along this trail and the temperatures could be extreme in summer.
- Begin your hike to the right of the road gate entrance for Hummingbird Nest Ranch. You approach the trailhead kiosk with various information on the trail and the surrounding mountain range.
- Luckily, if you stay on the main path, it's a straightforward 2-mile hike to Rocky Peak Trail.
- The real fun is when you take off into the labyrinth of smaller trails that weave in and around the sandstone rock formations. To explore this landscape, follow the green path below or make your own adventure by choosing your own trail.
- Keep in mind, you'll have service throughout the park so if you find yourself a bit turned around, open up your maps app and you'll be able to course correct your adventure.