A rugged adventure hike along Pine Knot Trail meandering high above Big Bear Lake and finishing at the incredible Grand View Point, which is a stunning overlook showcasing the surrounding San Bernardino Mountains including Southern California's towering giant, Mount San Gorgonio.
Organic Single Origin Colombian Coffee
Light, golden brown, and vibrant just like the stunning bruin it’s named after. The Grizzly Bear is our bright, single origin light roast from Colombia which offers a soothing aroma with a hint of citrus sweetness.
Tasting notes include tangerine, red currant, milk chocolate, green apple, and clover honey.
About this Coffee
- NOTE: Parking is straightforward when you arrive at the Aspen Glen Picnic Area (Google Maps directions below) where the trailhead for Pine Knot Trail to Grand View Point is located. There's a parking lot along with available street parking if the lot is full. You'll need to have a Southern California "Adventure Pass" displayed in your car window in both the parking lot and along the street. If you do not have an Adventure Pass, you are able to pick up the daily or monthly passes at the Big Bear Discovery Center, which is located in Fawnskin on the northeast side of the lake.
- NOTE: The trail is easily marked with signs the entire way up making it extremely simple to get to Grand View Point from the Aspen Glen Picnic Area.
- Begin at the Aspen Glen Picnic Area heading to the southeast side of the day use picnic location. As you pass the restrooms, you'll come across the well labeled trailhead for Pine Knot Trail 1E01.
- You'll work your way uphill along for 0.3 miles before hitting the split for Cabin 89. Continue following the directional arrows leading towards Pine Knot and then for Grand View Point.
- In approximately 1.9 miles you'll arrive at Deer Group Campground. Follow the signs noting the "trail" direction as you head along Pine Knot Trail.
- When you make it to the Skyline Saddle, you'll notices a "South Shore Trail Network" map that highlights the labyrinth of incredible trails available in the area.
- From the saddle, the Grand View Point will be 0.25 miles ahead.
- Once you reach the Grand View Point, take in the stunning sights and enjoy a snack before heading back the way you came.