An enjoyable and relaxing hike along the Pacific Coast Highway offering unobstructed views of Malibu's world-famous shoreline and beaches.
Organic Premium Coffee Blend
Dark and smokey. The Black Bear is our delicious, heavy bodied dark roast that roars alive with rich chocolate and caramel.
Tasting notes include dark chocolate and fleur de sel caramel.
About this Coffee
- If you're heading to the hike from Los Angeles, take the Pacific Coast Highway North towards Ventura. You'll pass both the Getty Villa and then Pepperdine University a bit further up. After passing Pepperdine, the Corral Canyon Park parking lot will be about 1.5 miles up the road on the north side of the Pacific Coast Highway. Look for Malibu Seafood restaurant and the parking lot section for the park will be adjacent to the restaurant. The fee to park is $5 and parking is limited; however, there is free parking along the Pacific Coast Highway.
- NOTE: if you park along the Pacific Coast Highway, be sure you're reading signs for the "No Parking" sections as well as not blocking any fire hydrants. Also, if you're heading to the hike late in the afternoon, parking may be difficult because the restaurant becomes extremely busy around lunch and dinner time.
- Fortunately, the path throughout this hike is extremely easy to follow with very limited trail splits that allow for a simple trek with outstanding views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Start your hike on the northside of the Corral Canyon Park parking lot (opposite side of the pay box for parking) and a sign labeled "Corral Canyon Trail" will mark the beginning of the trail.
- Roughly 0.2 miles into the trail a split will occur. You have the option of going right or left and either route will bring you right back to this exact point. For direction purposes, we'll follow the path to the left.
- You'll slowly enter a slightly wooded area as well as passing ruins of an old house with a still-standing fireplace and chimney. As you work your way up the trail, a series of switchbacks will occur offering breathtaking views of the ocean as you ascend the trail.
- When you're approximately 1.2 miles into the hike, a split will occur that will lead you to an overlook of Corral Canyon Park and the Pacific Ocean. It's a minor detour if you follow this route (green path in the map below) and it leads directly back to the main path.
- After taking in the sights from the overlook, descend the minor hill back to the main path and turn left to return back to the trail split at the beginning of the hike.